Saint Paul’s College
Founded in 1888 by Dr. James Solomon Russell, Saint Paul’s Normal and Industrial School , has remained a viable small college while increasing it accreditations throughout the years. The name was changed to Saint Paul’s Polytechnic Institute in 1941, and authority was granted to offer a four-year degree program. Finally, in 1957 the name was changed to Saint Paul’s College.
Academic departments include: Business Administration, Humanities and Behavioral Sciences, Natural Science and Mathematics, Education, and Information Technology. The college also has an Honors Program for some disciplines. Saint Paul’s is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and has membership in the Association of Episcopal Colleges, United Negro College Fund, Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association (CIAA), and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division II.
Located in the lowlands of southern Virginia, approximately 1 hour from Richmond and 1 1/2 hours from Raleigh, North Carolina, the school relies heavily on nearby cities for cultural and recreational opportunities. Saint Paul’s College is an intentionally small, church-related, private coeducational institution. It strives to embed Christian attributes of integrity, resourcefulness, scholarship, and citizenship in the context of a liberal arts education. Despite the vastness of this 100-acre college, campus life is characterized by a strong sense of camaraderie and alumni affection for the institution. A modern gymnatorium with an Olympic swimming pool and the renovated Arnett Hall, the oldest building on campus strike a nice balance between modernity and heritage.
The Tigers have men and women’s basketball and track & field teams plus the men’s football team compete in the CIAA. The athletics department also features bowling, tennis, golf, men’s baseball and women’s softball.
ADDRESS: 115 College Drive, Lawrenceville, VA