Grambling State University
Founded in 1901 as a private industrial school to educate the African American citizens of north central Louisiana. Grambling State University was originally a two-story building on 23-acres of land was purchased from a Black man. It was first known as The Colored Industrial and Agricultural School.
In 1905, Grambling moved to its present location on a 200-acre plot, was reorganized using Tuskegee Institute as a model, and renamed the North Louisiana Agricultural and Industrial School. As the school continued to grow it experienced several more name changes, becoming Grambling State University in 1974.
Grambling offers 47 accredited Degree Programs to 4500 undergraduate and graduate students, including:
Computer Information Systems
Mathematics & Physics
Visual and Performing Arts
The 590-acre campus is situated in the heart of Grambling, near Monroe and Shreveport, 36 and 60 miles away respectively. Known as “The Place Where Everybody is Somebody,” the university has several service organizations, fraternities and sororities, clubs, and professional/national honor societies, and students both mingle and study in several locations including the Favrot Student Union, Foster-Johnson Health Center, and the intramural center.
ADDRESS: 403 Main Street, Grambling, LA